Wednesday, March 19, 2008

pda

Public displays of affection. Hmmm.

A good friend and I were talking the other day about how much there should be.

There is an old line that says that when you are a kid it is all icky, but when you are older, it might be wonderful, and then as you get older yet, you think maybe they should be more thoughtful of others!

I don’t know.

I spend a bit of time now and again at airports waiting for family members to get off planes, and planes being what they are and do, they are frequently late, sometimes a long time.

So, we sit and wait and I watch the people. There was a middle age man the other day with a fist full of roses. He was waiting for some one he was hoping to make romanic points with. I notice people meet and nod at each other and walk on together. I see grandparents hug and kiss young grandkids.

There is a lot of hugging going on, but sometimes there are young lovers who run the last 30 feet into each others arms. They embrace and the guy lifts the gal off the ground, and she raises her feet in the joy of it all. I silently wish them the best.

There was a time when Miriam was living in Los Angeles for a few months. Linda was there on business and Miriam went to take care of Emily who was about 3.

I would fly down with some to see them. I remember one time meeting Miriam at LAX. She looked so beautiful in her white dress and red hair. I was sight starved. We met we were almost like young lovers, it was truly wonderful to be with her again.

And when I think of it all I wish all of us would have all of the love we can handle, and that we can be content and happy in this shared love. And to you young lovers, go for it -- up to a point, please!!

2 comments:

StefanieRose said...

aww You are a romantic always and practical at the very end. In High School PDA's get you into the principles office. So sometimes college kids go off the deep end with them. Anyways nice post.

~Betsy said...

Beautiful post!