Wednesday, March 5, 2008

travel day

Today is travel day.
I had two fathers, both were truckers, one died unloading his truck. So gas is in our veins.
My brother even raced cars for many years.
So going places by car is part of our family tradition.
Fuel prices are making me think a bit more about traveling more carefully, however.
But today we go to visit daughter 2 overnight then on to daughter 4 and her daughter Emily for a few days. It will be good to see them again. The event is a play that Emily has a part in. Her father is scheduled to be there, even. Even though he is divorced from my daughter, I like him in a lot of ways, though I could scold him in others.
We will take a lunch. Snack food is spendy and empty. It will be a low cost trip, we will drive the little car, which gets the best mileage.
The weather will be clear and almost spring like.
A good day for a drive with my lady and Leo the dog.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Peace and grace to you and Miriam.

rainbowheart said...

Have a wonderful trip with Ms.Miriam and Leo (the wonder dog)!! When me and the hubby travels, we too pack a lite lunch and water. Enjoy the visit with the children and grandchildren.

nancy said...

enjoy your time with family and God speed.