Thursday, May 8, 2008

change

Change is always with us, I fear.

In one way or another we are all going through periods of change. We graduate from school, change. We begin or quit a job, change. We find love, we loose love, change. Old love is good, but it changes. One of us will leave before the other, most certainly.

We put on a tough face, but some kinds of change are be rough to handle, at the least.

The worst part of change is the realization that there is not a thing we can do about much of it, and it will happen when we expect it least.

The transmission in our car goes out at the exact wrong time. The cook stove gives out, the car needs a brake job. Teeth need fixed, our eyeglasses are years old and don’t work so good any more.

And as I think of change and all of the ways it impacts all of us, I look at my beloved and wonder what changes will happen in our near future. What will she do when she gets tired of doing puzzles, or will just not do any more.

What will she do and how can I help her?

If I knew I could be a profitable prophet.

No comments: