Thursday, March 25, 2010

patient?

Last week I needed to put gas in the pickup.

I went to my usual gas up spot (close and less expensive than others – none are cheap).

Put my new bank card in the slot. “We don't know who the dickens you are.”

I put it in again, and a similar message.

So I put the card away and drove off.

Later I went online and looked at my bank account. Hmm. A charge of $14.47 for gas. But I did not get any gas there. I went to the Chevron station down the road.

Slowly it dawned on me.

My card was not refused the second time. I left it just before it said: “Select your poison and proceed.” The next customer came along with a small car (It could have been a thirsty pickup, with a huge tank). I can hardly blame them for accepting my gift!

I noted in my accounting record that it was a “donation.”

I'll be more careful next time.

No comments: