Tuesday, July 6, 2010

on the road again

“Dad, do you know where you are camping this weekend?” It was Arline aka daughter one.

“Not entirely, I thought . . .”

“You are camping at my place. Three of your daughters will be here for sure and 9 or your 11 grandkids.”

So the decision was made for me!

Griffy and Matt had been to camp all week (Jessica had been to camp for two weeks). Josh and his mother Dea were driving up from SF to trade a Josh for a Griffy!

Then I discovered more. Josh was to come home with me, but only after he spent a few days (most of a week actually) with cousins. I was to be there during that time, working!

So, here I am in servitude again. Slaving away, breaking concrete, clearing out a greenhouse, sweating and having a great time along the way. Miriam keeps the kitchen “grandma clean.” Yesterday we got a LOT of work done and the week is just beginning!

At home my neighbor will be sure that my garden is watered and we will spend yet another week or more away from home.

This morning I joked to a my daughter Arline: “I should be a full time RV person, and just go from daughter to daughter being useful!"

She laughed a bit, but not too much!

1 comment:

Arline said...

LOL! My laughter was about the insanity of a big trailer or motor home. Not about your traveling for daughter to daughter. And it was because that is SOOoooo UN-you, Daddy. You and a motorhome? You and a big travel trailer? Huh? Inconceivable? I laughed.

But, traveling from daughter to daughter? Well, DUH!!!! PEFECTION!

Daughter #1 - who is considering sculpting/building a cob home with my own body as a landing pad for my aging parents. ;)