Thursday, August 26, 2010

that tree again

The question about the sound of a tree falling if no one is around to answer is an interesting one and a good dodge of realism, maybe.

I have a book titled: Notes to myself.

The title pretty well describes the book.

I have no real need to tell anyone anything more about my life or the life of my family members. Most of what is worth telling has been told, but there are things that battle in the back of my head for conscienceness.

Can I put those weird and flashing bits into words? Not always. Sometimes the overall feeling is one of unconsciousness and inability to put those ambiguous thoughts into words. It is not easy.

I make no promises to myself or to any one else.

We will see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes just when you think no one is listening, we are.

If a tree falls in the woods and no human is around, does the sound not happen? Ask the squirrels, the birds and the other critters if they didn't jump.

This question has vexed students for centuries.

Guess what, we hear you, just when you thought you were all alone.

dave said...

Thank you, whoever you are!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. I always enjoy your "cogitations".

By the way I'm Susan M from the old Alz board. Been around since 2005. Started reading when Flinty Sooner had you on his blog.

dave said...

Wow. Good to know it is you.
Trust all is well in your life.