Saturday, October 2, 2010

support

I attend a AD support group each month.

The new visitors are full of fright and denial. The old hands are full of advice and terror.

We have been going to these things about as long as anyone, but our path has been much slower than most.

When we talk about our own situation, mine hardly ever changes, or changes much. Most of the people I have attended with through the years have loved ones who are in homes or are getting close to being placed in homes or are on hospice.

But there are others who have come through the years, but now do not. Some are gone, some are in homes, some have situations that would make a saint cry.

Sometimes I am not sure if I belong there. Does it make those who I know, but whose loved one is way down the road, does it make them feel bad? They never say so, but I imagine it must, or could at least.

Still, as long as I can I will continue to attend.

No comments: