Wednesday, December 8, 2010

friends who build fires

When we got home last night, there was a fire going in the stove and the front door was unlocked.

I joked (I thought) to family about how someone had broken into my house, built a fire and left, maybe after a big party where they put everything back where they found them. My joke was not understood by all, but that is the life of a jokester.

My thought was that I had "blamed" the on my friend David who does this kind of thing from time to time. Our house has a LOT of thermal mass and when it is cold for a long period of time, it takes a while to get it warmed up again.

David knows all of this and will often have a fire going, and have had it going when we get home.

That was very good, and I am thankful for the David's of the world.

It was good to sleep in our own bed last night. Shower in our shower, putter in our kitchen and so on.

No matter where it is and how tiny it might be, there is no place like home.

No comments: