Thursday, February 24, 2011

road again

Today is travel day -- again!

My best friend David (I have a lot of friends named David!) has two sons and the younger is getting married this weekend.

The wedding is near Vancouver Washington, which is across a bridge from Portland, Oregon.

We will spend the weekend with daughter 4 and granddaughter Emily. They live in downtown Portland.

But today, and just to make it easier, we will stop to see daughter 2 who lives a couple of miles off the freeway half way to Portland. So, we will drive there tomorrow and then go on Friday.

By the time we get home the trip will be about 900 miles. A 19 or 20 mpg rig is not my idea of a perfect ride, given the daily raising price of gas. I could save a bit by taking the car, but it is 19 years old and it does not take much in line of problems to negate the difference.

And there will be new snow. It can get pretty nasty, but Oregon is good at keeping the road open and keeping it plowed and sanded. So I am not overly concerned. And I do have tire chains if I need them.

Yesterday I finished work on the new pantry. I have not moved all the bulk food buckets in place yet, or set up the grain mill, but those are easy to pull off, but the canning jars are organized and stacked in nice rows.

There is so much good feelings getting a project like that finished.

And, I can travel with a clear head

1 comment:

Arline said...

Young son was lulling about the kitchen as I read your blog this morning. I mention, aloud, the visit that will come next week. His response? "OhhhGOODIE!!! I love it when they come!"

;-)