Thursday, April 7, 2011

partnership

Today a friend came to visit. We did that for a while.

Then I said: “I am looking for a partnership that would eventually end up in ownership.”

“There is too much dirt here, more than I can ever take care of. I will need to sell it one day, maybe fairly soon, and I am making you this offer.”

Yes, he said, he was very interested. His european born wife already has said she liked our little house. “American houses are so BIGGG,” she added. He has said how much he liked the garden space, the trees, the orchard and the possibilities.

He is a good guy the son of good people (my grandma would say he “came from good stock”). He is an avid gardner and a friend I could trust. His world view is so close to mine.

I have lived in this place a long time. I built it in 1976, 35 years ago. I was 39. It is the only house I have ever owned. My parents gave me the lot so “Dave could build a house for his girls.” My mom loved my girls, and wanted to help me and us.

She helped more than she could know.

Yet, an event like what happened today is both a celebration and a sad day.

I think you can understand.

2 comments:

Arline said...

Celebrate & sigh.

You are MUCH LOVED!

dave said...

My father in law was a fruit peddler. He said the sale ain't done till you get cash in your hand, and sometimes it will come unglued even then.