Thursday, September 15, 2011

wealthy

I am wealthier than I ever thought.

Even though it does not belong to me, I live “full time” in a Newell motorhome (check the price of the new ones if you have enough nerve), and I “own” a beach house.” In Idaho yet.

When our buyer became a looker, things changed fast. Rather than having a little cash and no real estate, I have a bit of real estate and no cash. Wow!

There are no bad people in this tale. The buyer had the right to change his mind. Daughters had their parents best in mind. Everyone had good motives. But still it when it is over, my head is still spinning.

With that cash I didn’t get I was going to build a studio/shop complex inside a barn that belongs to daughter 1. Maybe I needed a big new project and maybe I didn’t, but I am also working on a merit badge in consummate laziness.

So now we have this beach house 4 hours from “our” motorhome. I have known people to have get away homes further from their usual resident than that. One friend has a nice “cabin” that is not too much closer, so I guess distance is relative.

Every once in a while I can come down and take advantage of the shop, and putter in the “beach house” garden and act like a british lord on a very small scale!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your attitude. Sometimes we just have to roll with the punches.

When we moved back to Ga we had our house in Tx, our new/old house in Ga, our cousin's house to clean and sell and turn over to the heirs, and my MIL's house and her to tend to.

Somehow it all got done. Would we do it again? Never. But I've learned to never say never.

Proud of you and your family, Susan

dave said...

Like you, we do what we have to do. The good thing is that the two homes are "only" 3 1/2 to 4 hours away!