Monday, November 14, 2011

notes from last week

There was a chance of snow last night.


We are in Idaho again, and the forecast was for cold in the 20s and a chance for snow. here in the desert cold does not guarantee snow. But tonight it is due to get down to 25 and they are predicting snow again.


I brought Miriam with me on this trip. I won’t get as much work done, but I’ll eat better (It is so easy to snack when alone and not eat real food). Yesterday we got the plywood that will be the center of our work for the week.


There is a list of work that has to be done before we can rent/sell the place. First on the list are book cases for the downstairs bedroom closet. I am also making some book boxes (stackable boxes for book cases) for daughter one.


With the infusion of our furniture into what was already a pretty crowded house, new book cases are in order. Back in the 80’s before we went to BSU full time and then on to Texas, I made a dozen or so of these boxes.


The idea was to fill them with books and the books are ready to move. The problem was that the size I made them (32” long) made them very heavy once filled, but they make great bookcases since they an be stacked so many different ways.


So today, I began cutting wood. I write this in the morning, but since we don’t have internet in the house right now, I’ll post it later in the day. Ahh disjointed technology.


No comments: