Friday, December 2, 2011

upgrade

Of course when the new Mac upgrade comes out I have to have it.

This is the last time I can up grade, most likely. Most of the time your equipment is out dated for the newest after a certain time.

But I can, so I will. In fact I ordered a DVD of the new OS, only to discover that I had bought ANOTHER copy of the last system, which I am running now.

More to the point, the new OS will not support old software. Hmm. Only two programs I use would affect me on that one. One is Quicken. Intuit (who makes Quicken) has never been too hot on Mac, and I find the new program to be massively encumbered with bloat, but there is no update on Quicken for the new Mac OS.

So I did some looking and found another accounting program. It imports years of Quicken data flawlessly and I am up and running. And the price was decent.

I am a winner (with a small "w").

Oh, that all of life's problems were so easy to fix. Sign.

No comments: