Sunday, January 22, 2012

back

I am back in Washington State.

When I left Idaho the temperature was in the high 30's, as I traveled along it got as warm as 48 at the summit over the Blue Mountains.

Soon I ran into a bank of fog and the temp dropped to 29, by the time I got to Walla Walla it was 22. The road had been clear and dry all the way to the low temps, then there was snow cover and very slick conditions. Fortunately the sanding trucks had been out so it was not as bad as it had been earlier.

There was a big truck on it's side along the freeway. They had wrapped it with Police tape and left it there for better weather. Don't blame them.

I drove into daughters driveway, stopped the pickup and went inside. Later I came out to it and it was not going to move: flat ground; 3 or 4" of snow and it just spun (of course the pickup was pulling a pretty well loaded trailer!).

Miriam was glad to see me. She was sure I had been gone for a month. Her birthday was the day before I arrived (there was a pretty serious storm going through on the day I had intended to return). She was full of questions, largely the same ones over and over. She had to sleep those off.

But the trip was successful. I had three things I wanted to get done and all three were accomplished.

Weather in the 40's should slowly melt the snow. That is good.

No comments: