Thursday, June 7, 2012

update

I sent a letter to the City Insurance people explaining that the water in my house was not caused by a plugged pipe (did I really argue against that?) but by bad engineering years ago, so that if there was a problem the water had no place to go but into my house. My point is that had they modified it correctly water would have run, harmlessly, down the street and caused no problems.

When the modification was made years ago, I was told it was for my protection.

My verdict: bad engineering!
Insurance company said it was actually easier for them with the city out of the way, that they would go after the city later.
Sounds good, but nothing that the bank will accept on my account!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crossing fingers and toes, saying a prayer and in true Druid fashion knocking on wood 3 times. Covering all my bases.

Here's hoping all goes well and you can recoup what monies are owed to you. I know it will never replace the love and craftmanship in your home, the memories, and the sense of what you built, but you and your family are due some recompense.

Saying an additional prayer, Susan

dave said...

Thank you Susan.
I am constantly being assured that all is well.
Prayers are appreciated!