Thursday, April 18, 2013

busy travel


The trip to Portland went well.

The days setting tile made a huge difference in daughter’s house. Then I spent the weekend with my friend David and his wife Lynda.

I got back home Sunday evening and Monday morning daughter 1 left with her other care-giver client to “vacation” in LasVegas for a few days. That left me as Miriam’s sole care giver for the week, and caring for Miriam is getting a bit more complex! 

Tuesday my brother who lives in Georgia came to Idaho visiting his daughters and grand kids.

Brother was 6 when I began dating Miriam, and I am not sure she will be here for his visit next year, so I loaded up extra clothes and “Depends” and we drove 4 hours to visit. I knew it would be important for him, and very important for me.

We had an extended lunch with our sister who lives in Idaho, then Miriam and I drove back home in the evening. It was a long day, but it was good. 

Tomorrow daughter 1 returns from Vegas. It will be good to see her, but Miriam and I have done fairy well in her absence. I have changed diapers a bunch of times and cleaned up after a poo event. I have washed clothes and fixed her food.

Gladly would I trade this Miriam for the strong dependable Miriam of yesteryear, but it does not work that way. I am glad I can take care of her. She is a wonderful woman. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you are a wonderful husband.

I think you've got the right attitude, and enough support to see this through. I'm proud of you and your family. Susan

dave said...

Thank you Susan.
WIth daughter's help it works best, I think.