Tuesday, September 3, 2013

lonely

This is a new kind of loneliness for me.

We have been apart before, sometimes for a fairly long time (not Viet Nam kind of long time though). But this is the first time I can't call her and talk on the phone.

I woke up from a nap the other day and there she was beside me in the bed. Then I blinked my eyes and she went away.

This sounds a lot more maudlin than it should. Nearly all of the time I am ok, but there are a times here and there.

So, don't feel sorry for me for more than a few seconds. As the father on "Everybody Loves Raymond" would say: "Buck up Nancy."

Ouch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grieving, whether through death, or the long goodbye of AD isn't easy. Each in his/her own way and in their own time.

Sending you a virtual "hug". I know how hard this is. Susan

dave said...

Someone said this disease is one of a thousand good bye's and that may be a wild understatement.

Thanks for the encouragement Susan.