Thursday, October 9, 2008

barn sour

Yesterday Miriam and I went to the Portland Ikea store.

I am always amazed and intrigued by good Swedish design.

We did not have any extra money, which is the time to go looking, I guess.

If you have never been to a Ikea store, it will take you a couple hours just to stroll through the displays.

We saw clever sinks and vanity tops, boxes and chairs. There were glasses of all sorts, and stainless steel that seemed endless.

When we walked out I had a garlic press. With that kind of frugality, we stopped at the food court by the front door. Two cinnamon rolls for $2. They were pretty good and held us till we got back to daughters house.

The day before we went to Powell’s Book Store. I found a couple of good books on book making, so we sat down while I looked them through pretty careful, even made some notes.

We left a birthday card for granddaughter Jessica who will be 15 in a bit over a week.

We have had some really cold temps on this trip, ice on the tear the last couple of nights, but we have slept very warm and cozy.

Linda’s neighbor was sure it was foolhardy for us to sleep in the trailer, but we did just fine (thanks to a good wool blanket we borrowed from Arline).

But the idea of going home is wonderful.

If I were a horse they would say I was “barn sour.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since I know you pretty well, I figured that you'd hit Walla Walla at a trot. Barn Sour, indeed! Get your stuff and head out. It's nice to have you here for a few precious hours but I totally get the desire to go home. I am of the same exact DNA, afterall! LOL!

Love you!