Friday, October 10, 2008

home

Ahh, we are home.

A trip that started out to be a long weekend and ended up two weeks is over. We are back in our cozy/nutty idaho house.

Leo was not sure about it all and still hasn’t settled into his usual bed, but he will adapt.

Because my house is so nutty (and sits 4’ into the ground) the temp was not too cold, but a good fire warmed it up quickly.

When we leave on a trip I often turn off the water heater, but I did not this time, do we arrived to a tank of hot water.

I remember when we were going to graduate school in Texas. By no means was Texas home, but after 3 grueling days on the road, (about 1600 miles) we were so glad to be in our tiny apartment. It may not have been “home” but getting there was so wonderful.

This house has been our home a long long time, it is truly home and it is so good to be here again.

By the way, it is forecast to snow tonight! If it is measurable it will set a new record!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome home friend! There is no feeling like it as you walk into those so familiar surroundings and know you are back where you belong. I envy you that and will for a good long time. Greetings to the class.
The Other Dave

dave said...

wow, so good to hear from you.

for the rest of you, this david is one of the two best male friends I have ever had, and he had the nerve to move away!

miss you friend

dave

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Welcome home! It's nice to get away but it is so nice to come back to familiar surroundings again. Would love to see pics of your house.

Ohhh that nasty four letter s-word. I don't think I have recovered from last year yet. Not looking forward to seeing that white stuff just yet.

dave said...

Chris, I seem to have time to do work on other peoples houses, on the church, on the church schools in the area, but seem to be short of time to work on my own house.

And, it is a weird house!

I'll post some soon.

rainbowheart said...

I would really like to see snow! I have decided that when I retire (lol) that I am moving North.. Mild summers and cold winters. I would really like to see some pictures of your home with snow...