Saturday, October 4, 2008

"I know . . "

We’ve been away from home a week.

Up till now it has gone pretty well. Today the trance was broken. It was shower day, but she refused to shower, then she agreed but did not.

Short of starting a ruckus I backed off and let it go.

We had planned on going to church this morning, but I think we will stay here and watch church on TV. That will take some persuading but I think I can pull it off.

All of this reminds me that change is not good for her.

Arline (daughter) and I were gone the other day, when we came back, Miriam was sitting in a lawn chair, purposely not looking at us.

I went over to talk to her and she was genuinely unhappy. “I figured out what you are going to do with me!” She exclaimed.

“Really.” I said, knowing that we had not even talked about any change.

“What are we going to do with you?”

“You are going to move me up here.” We did think of that a few years ago, but it is not an on table discussion point now. 


So, when I assured her that we would live a long while in our own home, she was so grateful, she smiled her sad puppy smile and hugged me like I had saved her life.

It ain’t always fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry Dave. I did learn a lot about bathing during my tenure. One thing was that there are other things far more important.

Bless you brother.