Tuesday, November 11, 2008

close

This paint project is nearing completion.

The first color coat went on the new woodwork yesterday and it looks good. No complaints at all.

The day before she dressed and came downstairs I could tell she was very angry. When I asked, she would not tell me the subject of her anger: “If I told you, you would get mad at me.”

I figured that was a good place to leave it, so I did.

But as time, and the project, goes on, she is gets less aggravated about it all. I am glad. Yesterday she asked me again if we were going to move, and when I assured her that we would stay living here a very long time, she was visibly relieved.

This is not a fun disease for sure, and I think it has as many horrors for her as for the rest of us. I hear her frustration.


She does not want any change right now. This is a big disruption, messing with our main living space. Other projects will not be so invasive.

We will be fine. It will be done.

Today I paint the ceiling. That is never a fun job, but this one is cathedral style. That means it is seven and a half feet on one side and over eleven feet on the other. That difference is enough to make it a challenge.

And, this is the last room with “popcorn” ceiling. I have scraped off the rest of it in the house, but this room is going to stay like it is, popcorn ceiling and all.

There are changes that even I do not want to deal with!

1 comment:

rainbowheart said...

Change is not good that I can see for AD patients. The weather I'm founding out is really hard on Momma now. I had to take Daddy to the doctor this afternoon and we were not back at home by 5pm and Mama thought that we had left and were not coming back. The CNA told her that we were on the way back. When we got home, she wanted to know why I had left with Daddy and I "knew that it was time for dinner". Yea, 5pm rolls around and dinner is on the table. So, I cooked dinner and fed her and she was happy. Happy that she had dinner but not happy because it was over an hour late. I hope that you and Ms. Miriam and of course, Leo is doing well.