Friday, November 7, 2008

ooh progress

For the last week there has been trouble.

Every time the subject of my plans for the trim came up, it was met with strong disagreement. I bought the wood, milled it to size and had it ready. I was not sure it was going to work. At one point I just thought I'd stack it and go on to something else, less controversial.

But I started Wednesday in the kitchen with the toe kicks. Then I installed the entry door and base trim; and on around the room. Base, door, base, window, base, door.

This time everything I did was met with approval and acceptance without a hint of the anger or disagreement. By Friday evening the trim is all in place, most of the nail holes are filled and the first coat of primer is in place.

This agreement and acceptance made the job a LOT easier.

Normally I would not be so insistent, but we made this decision years ago before AD messed her up. I was continuing on a design we started.

Thank you Miriam.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD news! and WHEW for you!

Can't wait to see it!

HUGS!

Lori1955 said...

It's always wonderful when things go smoothly. Things just change daily, don't they.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

I would sure love to see pics of all this work. Can you post some when you get the time? I am full of curiosity.