Monday, March 30, 2009

suprise

Saturday morning I got up about 7, dressed and sat down at the breakfast table to write.

In a while, the two girls got up and began working on breakfast. We ate, I took leo for an extended walk and I laid down to take a nap.

Arline and Deanna were due about 11, they had said (we had motel style phone only, no internet and no cell coverage).\

I heard a knock on my door and I swung my head to see: LINDA. Even with my glasses off, I could see it was her. She was supposed (In my mind at least) to be on the other corner of the state.

So I jumped up and began hugging girls; Linda, Deanna, Jessica, Emily, I hugged Bri and Amy and Miriam again. I hugged the boys: Matt, Ben, Griffy. I hugged my son in law Sid. Then just for good measure I hugged them all again.

Lora had her birthday that week and all of her sisters had descended to wish her a belated happy birthday. We knew 3 would be there, but all 4 was a joy beyond measure.

It was a short, intense time together. They had to get over the pass before too much snow had fallen. So they left before dark. I was there wallowing in the memories of all of these wonderful memories, both present and through the years.

IT has been said that good students make good teachers, and good children make good parents, just as much.

Thank you ladies and gentleman, girls and boys!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's wonderful! Welcome back!