Monday, May 18, 2009

travel time

All good things come to an end and since this is the end it must have been good.

I used that line on students at the end of a semester of my tutelage.

But this was really good. Emily will agree and so will Grandpa. Even Grandma had a good time, though she was confused a good bit too.

Would I travel a long way to spend time with her again? In a heart beat. Would I do it for any of my other grand kids, same answer. Life is short, I will spend all the time I can with any grandkid I can find!

So today is a travel day. Half way home is another cache of grand kids. We won’t stay there long, but we stop and rest, and there will be more hugs.

Ahh, but we will be back there to celebrate with Brianna. She graduates from the 8th grade next weekend. We will be home only for 5 nights then we load up the teardrop and return for more grand kid time!

Lucky Grandpa.

But for now: Home, here we come.


. . . . . . . . . . .

We took her to where she is staying and left her cases, then drove her on to school

Big hugs and we drove off.

Grown men don't cry (often) but I almost did. I will miss this lady.

We will scurry down the highway and I will get another grandpa fix!!

1 comment:

arutherford said...

There is absolutely nothing like a grandchild to fill your heart with over-flowing love!