Wednesday, October 28, 2009

open air canning


The stove on the left sterilizes the jars, the little one burner in the right center keeps the lids hot and sterile, and the stove on the right runs the steamer.
I ran all three stoves almost continuously for two days went through a gallon of stove fuel, but got the grapes all juiced.
And what i spilled on the "floor" will fertilize the grass!
Had I harvested the grapes a week earlier I would have gotten more, but the pesky birds got ALL of the red and white seedless grapes. Still I got about 60 quarts from the purple grapes.
Good stuff!

3 comments:

StefanieRose said...

purple is the best anyways

dave said...

I am working on a small book right now I mentioned it in today's post. Tiny pages, wood cover, laced togther with purple ribbon!

Creatrix Dea said...

did you take more photos? I LOOOOVE this pic, and I LOVE that you do this all outdoors!