Monday, November 30, 2009

fences

Fences and edges.

When Dea’s house was built, way back in the pre WWII days, chain link fencing was the new thing.

It was new then and had a substantial look to it, but through the years we have not come to think kindly of chain link as beautiful. Solid structure, but not quite beautiful.

Before the trip Dea decided to upgrade the fence. So this week we tore out the old link fencing, wire, fasteners and such. The posts were solid, and while bent a bit here and there, they are were good for another fence.

The new fencing is wood, with a “picket” design. But, there are two wild eyed artists at work here, so it came out not quite “regular.”

Some have scolded daughters for “taking advantage” of dad for putting me to work when i come to visit.

My life did not involve a lot of the kind of wealth that goes into banks that I can pass on to my daughters, but it does involve a few skills I am glad to share with my family. So, you won't hear me complain.

Fences keep things in and things out. This one changed the entire mood in the smallish yard.


I am pleased.

No comments: