Friday, November 13, 2009

it was a dream

Emily was 3 or 4 in my dream. She was sitting in the floor crying and saying: “I not stinky.” and then she cried some more.

Apparently Grandma had described her condition and Em had taken exception. Grandma had gone to start the bath water.

I called: “Come here Emily.” She came over to me an she was stinky.

I picked her up and wrapping my gorilla arms around her. She stopped crying.

“Papa loves you. He will always love you.”

I don’t want Em to be 3 or 4 again. She is growing to be a very beautiful lady and I am proud of her, but I can be forgiven if I look back at those days with a bit of nostalgia.

Rumor is that the other grandkids were in a similar condition from time to time, but they did’t spend as much time in my house. They lived further away. And when they were in my house and in a similar position, there was a mother hovering around to solve such problems.

The Big Guy upstairs says the same thing to me. “Yes, you are a stinker, but you are My stinker and I love you.”

I love you Emily. I always will.

(Same goes for Joshua and Jessica and Matthew and Brianna and Ben and Alan and Griffith and Andrew and David and Amy, who is still the littlest of them all! I love you guys.)

2 comments:

Arline said...

And I love you, I always will.

Anonymous said...

me to to all you!
L