Wednesday, December 16, 2009

back sorta

We are still 4 hours from home and will be until after Christmas.

I am writing on my daughter's PeeCee which has a strange feeling keyboard, so I will write slow and awkwardly!

We finished our "grandparent" duties on Monday, but a major storm landed. We have two passes to go through on the way home, and during a storm they can be treacherous. The grandkids pushed on me to promise to be here for Christmas, which I agreed to.

But with the storm, we could not go until Friday, and then we would need to be back here by Wednesday or so next week. Hmm.

Not the best use of time or resources, I figured.

So, we decided to stay here over christmas.

I will post daily, but my photographs are in my MacBook, so there will not be any here for a while.

We are well are having a good time with our grandkids, and I have a pretty complete book and paper box making studio setup, so I am busy and happy. Miriam works on a rather complex jig saw puzzle.

The complex puzzles take her longer, but she works on them steady until she works them out, even if it takes a month of 10 hour work days.

Yesterday the whole world here was covered in a quarter inch of ice and everything came to a stop. No schools, no work, no go. Today it is warmer and if you go off pavement, it is MUD, so today is a "normal" day. School, work and all of the usual.

Writing for some of us is a compulsive act and it feels great to be back at it here, even if it is with a crutch and an eye patch!

To miss quote Tiny Tim: "Have a roaring good day."

No comments: