Tuesday, February 16, 2010

my guess

I saw a story yesterday.

We were at the Vets office with Leo. A tall 40ish man and woman with a teen girl came into the office. They were expected and were ushered into an examining room.

The door was closed and locked (a nurse checked the door later and confirmed that it was locked).

In a while, maybe 20 or 30 minutes they came out. The woman's eyes were red with tears, the man smiled recognition at us and the girl clutched a blanket.

Those are the facts. That is all I really know, but here is what I am sure is the other part of the story.

The family had come in to be with a beloved pet who was dying. I am going to guess it was a cat, and that it was a gift to the girl when she was small child.

They paid their loving respects to their beloved pet and left with the memories and the blanket.

That is the story as I guessed it.

No comments: