Friday, March 12, 2010

projections

The other day the Post Office issued a report.

They are going to lose a bunch of money “over the next 10 years.”

Why 10 years? Does it not sound bad enough for just one year? Guess not.

I was looking for the source of a fiberglass cloth I used some years ago. I had Quicken give me a report, and since I could not remember the year, the report was over the time since I began using that software.

It churned a bit and kicked out an answer -- I found the source, called the and placed an order.

But I digress. During the time I have used that software I had sales of half a million dollars!

So, in twice that time I “probably” grossed a million.

As I remind my business major friends, it is possible to gross a lot and go broke and possible to gross little and keep it all. I this case I did neither.

But, I will get a third of a million bucks in the next twenty or thirty or forty years.

Ahh, projections.

No comments: