Monday, April 19, 2010

the deputy

We visited a different church this weekend.

This church was about 20 miles away, and maybe 75 people in attendance this week. I have known a good number of the people in the church a good while.

The speaker was a kid (OK he is retired now) I have known always. He was not a close friend, he was younger than I, (hence the kid label!) but I knew his grandfather and both of his parents.

Any way, Bobby was speaking. He spent is life in law enforcement, mostly as a deputy sheriff. He retired with the rank of Lieutenant I believe. He confessed to not being educated, only finished high school (the same one I did), and just being an “old cop.”

Bobby had invited several other law enforcement people, as well as the current sheriff. There were 4 law enforcement people there altogether, I believe.

The sermon was good. He made good points about how our life does reflect who we are.

I had never met the current sheriff, but he was a pleasant man.

And I have never felt so protected! There wasn't the least threat to my health or safety, but we sure were protected.

No comments: