Tuesday, May 18, 2010

funk

For some reason since Aunt Ruby died I have been in a serious funk.

Wouldn’t really call it depression, just some rather dark feeling that defies pigeonholes.

Part of it has to do with loosing the 2nd longest living relative in my family. My grandpa on the other side lived to be 98, and Ruby lived to 94, pretty close, but grandpa died almost 30 years ago. I was invincible and in my mid 40’s then. Now I am . . . not.

It is indeed it is the end of an era, but it is far more than that, I fear.

I am reminded of my own frailty. Not that I needed too much of a reminder.

I have friends and family who have all sorts of medical issues. The fact that I don’t have a serious illness that has been identified, does not give me much relief.

It is spring, but it is raining and cold.

1 comment:

StefanieRose said...

i love you. the funk will pass i know it. your a good grandpa you know that? I am so happy I found you!