Saturday, May 22, 2010

to the desert

We are going camping today, my Miriam and I.

The desert calls. Today the high will be about 50, and there may be some rain. Not a good day to gain a lot of elevation if one wants to take advantage of any available warmth! We will gain a few hundred feet elevation, but it will be OK.

Sunday will be a bit warmer and should have less chance of rain. (In the desert there may be a "chance" of rain, but that does not mean it WILL rain. Usually if it does it will be over soon.)

We may have friends join us for a day but otherwise we will camp alone. I enjoy being alone, and I enjoying being with Miriam, so it is a prefect time.

We have the teardrop trailer for sleeping, and the big tent should the weather turn uglier. We can sit in the big tent and with the Coleman lantern make it quite comfortable, and be out of the wind, the rain and away from any spring flying critters. I have packed rain gear as well as warm clothing, so we can go for walks too.

These trips refresh my soul, and the fewer people who are involved, the more my soul is refreshed!

1 comment:

David said...

Sounds like wonderful. I hope you have a great trip!