Monday, May 24, 2010

birthday?

Today is my birthday, 73 already.

Birthdays come whether we like them or not, or we could die young and not have any more of them, as my father did.

Some try to avoid old age by one means or other, I am just going to enjoy each year, and at times even milk that old age thing!

Last night Miriam wanted to make a birthday cake, and I like cake, and we have some good ice cream to go with it, so, of course, I said YES.

This morning she does not remember.

I had a lot of messages posted on my face book wall this morning. Family, close friends, friends I don't see too often, and even some I did not know.

Thank you each. I am blessed.

5 comments:

Kathleen Gomez said...

Happy Birthday to you sir...^_^

...i just want to congratulate you on how amazing your blog is. This is my first time to visit your blog and I'm glad that I came across such a wonderful creation.

..If I were one of your grandchildren, I would definitely take pride the honor of having you as my grandfather. You see, I didn't have special moments with both of my grandfathers, they died when I was still young. Reading your blog and even seeing the pictures of your happy family brings me utmost joy.

..I admire your devotion and love to your beautiful Miriam. Alzheimer's Disease is not an easy burden to bare, that is why I'm truly touched while reading your post. She needs you now more than ever. ^_^

..i wish i had time knowing both my grandfathers, reading your blog made me missed them more.

..God bless you Sir Dave and your beautiful Family. ^_^

dave said...

Thank you Kathleen.
You may have read about them already, but I have two wonderful adopted granddaughters.
I am very proud of them.

StefanieRose said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!!!!!!! <333333333

StefanieRose said...

and btw Kathleen, I DO take pride in having David as my grandpa! I am so lucky!!!

Arline said...

And, he's pretty fab as a dad, too. I'm VERY blessed!

So, did you have a lovely b-day with lots of messages and prezzies? (promised ones count! ;) )

Wish I could have been there to enjoy the... ice cream with you.

BIG HUGS!