Thursday, May 6, 2010

travel day

Today was travel day.

We are visiting a couple of daughters this week end. Mothers day is Sunday. We will have 4 or 5 mothers for brunch!

Packing was more complex this time. She did not get much done, so I choose a lot of her clothing, she is just not able to make those decisions right now, at least not quickly.

I asked her not to wear the old sweat pants and shirt she had on and war erupted, but later peace reigned and she change into the clothes I chose for her.

Next time, I think I'll do her packing and just answer her questions later. Most likely there will be few questions.

For a very long time we traveled with Leo, and this was the first trip without him (except for the trip home after we left him with daughter 4.

Strange feelings. Leo is still in my head and in my memory. I make sure I turn on the light before going into the downstairs bathroom, “just in case.” When I leave the door open for a minute, I expect to see him make a run for it. When I lay down for a nap, where is leo who would sleep beside my knees.

Tonight we sleep in the teardrop trailer and where will Leo sleep? Oh I forgot.

It is good to see the grand kids again. Alan will be 20 in a month or so, and his sister Amy (the youngest of my grandkids) will be 13 a week or so later.

Gas at $3 a gallon (and more), travel will be less frequent this year.

Maybe!

1 comment:

Creatrix Dea said...

I miss Leo, too. Sweet puppy.