Tuesday, June 8, 2010

new phone, grr

I bought a new phone a few days ago.

Cell phone, of course, though that last bit is not as obvious as it might have been.

A long time ago I decided that I had to have a cell phone to operate my business, and that I did not have to have a land line, so I kept the cell phone.

I used to buy a phone that was tough and simple. Those are not available any longer at my local cell phone store.

What I got this time seems to work well. It is smaller than the last one, but the screen is a bit larger. It has an outside window that I can actually read the numbers, and when opened, it give me the information I need.

But, it seems it is also like a small town speed trap.

Of the 7 or 8 options on the main menu, 4 of them involve spending more money with the phone company. It seems that if I were to push the wrong button, I could spend a hunk of money pretty fast, and my retiremen budget does not go for surprises.

And, as it usually happens to me, when they transferred that magic little chip/card from the old phone about half of my phone numbers are gone. So now I have to email friends, and ask them to call me so I can get their number back on my phone list.

Of course, I could use the built in white pages directory (for another fee).

So, I have mixed feelings about the durned thing.

No comments: