Friday, July 16, 2010

the B word

There was one word that was forbidden in our house when my kids were growing up. That was the infamous B word.

Should some one say the word they were reminded that it was not allowed.

Now i find myself deep into the space where that word applies.

For the most part I am bored out of my head. I take care of the garden, I write in my journal, I sit.

Of course I should follow my own rule: “Find something to do so you are not bored.” At this age that is not as easy as it once was. I should and could be making art, but there is no fire about it. I might be writing a book, but for sure there is no fire there.

Maybe it is not about fire or fun. In art, particularly sculpture, the idea, the real creative part is the fun and quick part. The rest of the piece, up to the point you put your name on it, is just plain discipline and hard work.

So, get back to work little davy. Churn out something or other.

Just do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?