Friday, July 23, 2010

home church

We visited my favorite church a bit back.

It is a 3500 member college, now university church. It is what I call “high church.” The musicians are professional quality, the speakers gifted, even the members look like they were were hand chosen.

I photographed the progress in the construction of the church building 40 some years ago. I have served as a deacon and as a helper in one of the kids departments. I attended the nursery class for a very long time, since we had two daughters about a year apart years and years ago.

So it is really is my home church. When we are in town we always go there, or nearly always.

We were quite early today, on purpose. The speaker was waiting on the front row, he is an old friend and I visited with him a bit. We sat down and an old friend from photography days stopped to visit, then one of Miriam’s colleagues at her art job was there.

The economy is tight everywhere. The one friend had just been pushed into retirement, the other had just been terminated, both are very capable hard working people.

It was good to be “home.”

No comments: