Friday, December 3, 2010

denial

We went to visit Miriam's sister.

She is 7 or 8 years younger, but AD is taking a toll. Of course she won't admit any problem.

If her husband was well and healthy it would all be more or less alright, but he is not.

First of all he is ten years older than she. That is not bad and has not been bad, but his lifestyle is catching up with him.

A year ago he had multiple bypass surgery. We saw them last Thanksgiving time. He looked bad.

This year he looked worse, far worse.

He is lined up for a host of health issues, many fatal I fear.

She has one semi detached son, he has a daughter and son (twins).

What would happen to her if he died? Does he have the legals in order? Is there a will?

Questions keep coming to me.

These are good people and I am very fond of them, but I fear they are denying way too much.

And that leaves me wondering what to do next.

No comments: