Wednesday, December 15, 2010

trailers

To me life is a big experiment.

Almost every time I go camping I am experimenting with a new piece of gear or a new way of doing things.

We are going to daughter 1’s house for Christmas. They have a good sized house, but there will be 26 or 27 people there some of the time. Space is critical.

“Dad, could you bring your camper trailer, the big one.”

The big one is a 1984 model that I remodeled a while back, after Miriam was diagnosed with AD. My thoughts and my reasoning as I rebuilt it was that it would be a comfortable place for me to live sometime in my life, after I lost her. But her disease has progressed very slowly and I have largely ignored the last details.

The trailer is big, though not huge, and there is the thing about a few details and a license, which would cost for a year and be good for about 2 weeks! Hmm.


We could take the teardrop. It is comfortable to sleep in, even in really nasty cold weather. The issues there are getting up at night, and where to put clothes etc. This is not a camp trip, and we may stay for a week or three.

So I am back to experimenting.

I have one more trailer that I have long considered for a simple re-fit as a small camping trailer. It would be comfortable and it is licensed!

As they sometimes say: “details to follow.”

No comments: