Saturday, April 2, 2011

homecoming

This weekend is home coming at the small Christian high school we graduated from.

It has been 56 years for me, and several of my old classmates were there. It was good to see them.

One friend asked how I was doing and I replied: "Better than I deserve." In his teasing (he is good at that), he replied: "That would not take much."

And that reminded me of an old joke:

I used to have a inferiority complex, but it turned out it was not a complex.

Meeting old classmates is not always a great joy to me. Most have done better with their lives than i had expected, while I did a less. I am a lot healthier than most of them. Kidney transplant, knees, bypass surgery. I skipped all of those -- so far.

But that is a tentative gift. The gift can be withdrawn at any time.

No comments: