Monday, June 27, 2011

Back

We are back in Idaho for the week.

There are jobs that need to be done before anyone can rent our house, and we brought a strong 15 year old grandson for help (and ice cream).

Thursday night, we were camping with family and I locked the pickup keys in the pickup. We were about 30 miles from a locksmith and about $50 away from home, and spare keys.

But if we made a run to Idaho, along with 21 year old grandson Alan, we could bring Miriam's Cavalier back and eventually get it to Washington where it can be wonderfully useful. So Alan, Miriam and I made the run.

The pickup key was easy, it was on the loft steps. The Cavalier key was more complex. We looked in all the proper places, then began looking any where. I looked in boxes of stuff Miriam had not used since her days as an illustrator, and after 30 minutes of such search, I found a single key to the doors and trunk of the Cav.

I sent Alan out to make sure, and like a good kid (which he is), he checked the glove box for an ignition key. He returned with THE key. We celebrated with a dish of ice cream.

The AC is not functioning in the Cav right now. Fortunately it was not a hot day and Miriam and I made the trip back to our camp without any problem.

Sunday Alan drove the Cav (along with the teardrop) back to his house, which is 40 miles from our RV home in Washington state.

Along the way I caught a cold that went to my lungs. My lungs are my weakest link and when a cold settles in it takes a while to dislodge it. Right now I am up way too early, coughing with a brain splitting headache brought on by all of this coughing.

Not fun.

No comments: