Sunday, July 3, 2011

End of the tent

There is a first and a last, always.

We had a good time camping this weekend. Not without issue, but fun.

Our sleeping bag is a "Twin Peaks" from North Face. It is a warm double bag. It does not zip apart, but is a permanent 2 person bag. The problem is that it is also a little on the small side. They advertise that it is good to sleepers 5' 11". I am 6' even. Then it is a bit tight. Should not be a problem for younger campers, but we passed the younger part a long time ago.

Truthfully, Miriam had a terrible time getting turned over and staying on her side. Our queen bed, or the near queen in the tear is a lot easier for her. Her hair is quite long, and usually that is more than OK, but with that small space, it was easy for me to pull a loose strand and for her to cry out in pain.

So, we came home a night early. I think it will be the last camp trip we will make sleeping in a tent. We do better in the tear, and that is OK.

Here in Washington State, we have to plot a whole new group of campsites. For sure we aren't going into Idaho to camp, at least not very often, but NE Oregon has a lot of decent places and I'll explore those.

We had the pickup pretty well filled *I have a hard shell tonneau on the bed, so the carrying capacity is limited.

Until we get the laundry finished, I am not too sure if I brought enough clothes back, for instance.

So, I am planning the next trip!

No comments: