Sunday, July 31, 2011

Friend David strikes again

An AC is not optional in one of these massive aluminum cans.

This one is pretty well insulated, but not enough to get along without an AC. This one has two units, one up front and one in the hall right out of the bed room.

At first I would turn the switch and I could hear the fan. Then I turned it on and nothing hapened, but after a bit it began running. Then it blew a fuse and nothing else happened.

Today nothing would make it work. I got on the roof, took the shrouding off, spun the fan and had Miriam turn on the switch. Nothing. I got #1 son in law to look at it and it looked like the motor was just tired.

I checked online for a new one, and then sent an email to David who owns the coach.

He responded that he had just bought a "new" unit. Later he called to say he would be up Monday if he could find a car dolly to borrow. David has a Buick stranded near here, so he could do double duty.

I sent him a message saying that I had not asked him to buy another AC, but I sure would appreciate that he did!

Today was about 90 and it got about that warm in the bus. Cooler would be better!

No comments: