Friday, August 5, 2011

fishing

Yesterday I went fishing, actually I accompanied a fisherman!

Charlie inited me to go with him to visit a fish hatchery some distance away.

Along the way we stopped to fish in the Tucannon river just before it merges with the Snake. It was a lovely spot. Charlie fished for a couple of hours and I watched. If I had fished too, I would have done the same thing: watch.

Still it was a good day. He got a few bites, but no fish. To me that meant that I was a bad luck charm, but he said, no he had some good bites and some good nibbles and it was good.

Not many people live in that part of the state. The farms are huge, often 8 or 10 sections of land (640 acres to the section), but it is dry land farming, with a harvest every other year, so it takes a lot of land. Right now harvest is underway (a month late) and there is a good bit of truck traffic.

Still it was a fine quiet day. I was refreshed.

No comments: