Friday, February 10, 2012

I am waiting!

We may have some idea of when this AD thing began.


Not the day, but the year maybe. At least the year when it was diagnosed.


But no one knows when it will end. The disease forces the whole family to accept the disease time table, and we don’t get to know that table.


Someone asked if there was a life after AD, and of course no one knows that one either. I met a man who is always wanting to know where his wife is on this trajectory. He wants to know how long it is till the end of the movie.

Most of the time I deal with this unknown part on an OK basis. Sometimes no so OK.


As I wait for spring, I get antsy. This area has a lot of deep inversions in the late winter, so there are weeks when it is cold and foggy. The growing season is a full 2 months longer than where we lived in Idaho, but right now it is hard to visualize.


The weather people seem confused too. “Partly cloudy. High about 48 to 52.” Then the day is totally cloudy and the high is in the middle 30’s.


But I know that when spring breaks it will all happen over a weekend (or less). I can argue with mother nature but it is a one way argument.


She also has her own schedule!

No comments: