Saturday, July 28, 2012

building progress

This week my friend Ben drove over to help with the building project.

This is not my brother Ben, nor my grandson Ben, but Ben the friend! He drove 250 miles, pulling his travel trailer so he would have a place to sleep!

Ben is an old school carpenter, the kind who knows what he is doing and knows how to get it done. Ben is also a year older than I am. We did have the occasional help of a couple of my 16 year old grandsons, when more muscle was needed.

The goal was to get the frame up on the tiny house addition. Not complicated, but not easy either. To make it all more interesting, the temps each day were in the 90's. Old guys and high temps don't work out too well, I assure you.

But by Friday noon when Ben left, the frame was up, the sheathing was on most of the walls and the roof deck was on as well as a layer of dry sheeting. It will shed water now and there is SHADE.

Before the grandsons leave this next week, I'll get insulation in the ceiling and have them help me with the 5/8 sheetrock. I can do the walls alone, but the ceilings are more physically demanding.


No comments: