Thursday, February 14, 2013

blue monday

If today were Monday it would be blue monday.
Not totally sure why, but little things pile up.
A friend, not of the bosom variety, but a friend still, is "shutting down." He has suffered from AD for a while, but not as long as Miriam. He will go in the next few days. We are not close friends, but i grew up with his wife's family. 
And it hurts to loose another to this damnable disease.
So I look forward, but sure to what. 

A few years ago I wrote this 5 liner: 

The cupboards are full of emotion
Memories
Regrets
Broken promises
Hell on a half shell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Know exactly what you're saying.

I watch. I listen. Some days I think I know that all is well. And then my husband comes home from Lowes and his friend has his wife with him and she is 1 yr younger than us, in a wheelchair and has early onset. And my husband thinks, is it me? Yes and no. Susan