Tuesday, November 6, 2007

blog writing

Doing a blog like this is a bit tricky.

Miriam is doing quite well as this disease goes. She functions quite well much of the time. She knows I am her husband and doesn’t mind arguing with me. Her short term memory is a bit wacky, on a good day, but she is sweet and she is my dear wife.

So, dramatic stuff isn’t likely to happen this year, and maybe not next either. I feel for those of you who are deep into more advanced relationships, you have my deepest sympathy. I just don't want to borrow trouble here.

Make no mistake, I am not feeling bad that she is doing quite well. After 55 years of friendship I want that to continue as long as possible. We've had a good marriage and the years since she was diagnosed have been some of our best.

Now we are entering the world of retirement, on a fist tight budget. That has to be exciting.

So I will post with less than perfect timing. I will include stores and thoughts that are clear off base from Alzheimer's.

Sorry.

6 comments:

StefanieRose said...

I like your blog posts. Keep going with whatever is on your mind. I do. :)

sweetypie said...

please keep your posts going - i am the caregiver to my husband who is in the same stages as your loved one. It is good to read from someone who is in the same position as me, sometimes others are far worse or it is not their spouse who they are careing for.

~Betsy said...

I enjoy your posts, too. I hope to continue to follow it.

Lori1955 said...

Well I just found your blog tonight. Keep it up. I enjoyed reading it.

nancy said...

i enjoy reading it as well. keep it up.

dave said...

Thank you. I will.
It give me a place for little bits of writing that I enjoy, and others might feel a kindship with.
Thanks again.