Thursday, January 3, 2008

flag?

I have heard that in the navy. . .

. . . (I was the wrong age to serve), that when the admiral is on board a ship, there is a special flag that is flown.

I have long thought I should have a similar version here. When Lady Emily is in residence, we fly this special flag, so the world knows and understands.

That not suggesting any flag would work, or that I do not like/love my other grand children, but Emily visits and stays over much more than the rest of my grandkids combined.

Part of the reason is because she is an only child, and she grew up half an hour away from our house and spent almost every weekend with us. But, she flew in yesterday from Portland for a few days and it is great to have her here.

The big change in Emily’s life is that this year she discovered the joy of learning, the necessity of getting daily work turned in on time and the wonderment of a good report card.

Of course, grandpa is delighted.

Naturally!

1 comment:

StefanieRose said...

thats great, you should have Emily draw one since she is such a good artist. :)